Info for anyone with an apartment house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardin52

Mar 28, 2008
A farm in Maine
I started a Treager PB-150 boiler made by Pinnical stove co. on April 7th. I have not used a drop of oil since. It is supplying all the heat and hot water for a four unit apartment house. I have not shut it off yet. I have a 60 gal. supper store hot water heater that it heats for hot water.

Right now it is costing me about $1.13 per day per unit to heat hot water and for what little heat they are using.

The only thing cheaper than that would be solar.

Rich

Rich said:
I started a Treager PB-150 boiler made by Pinnical stove co. on April 7th. I have not used a drop of oil since. It is supplying all the heat and hot water for a four unit apartment house. I have not shut it off yet. I have a 60 gal. supper store hot water heater that it heats for hot water.

Right now it is costing me about $1.13 per day per unit to heat hot water and for what little heat they are using.

The only thing cheaper than that would be solar.

Rich

Are the tenents all on vacation?
John

No all units are full. One with a retired woman who likes it warm.

We have had warm weather so most of the units are not calling for heat right now but that's cheap to heat hot water for showers, doing dishes, etc. for four units.

Rich

Jeff

I had the supper store running off the oil boiler already. All I did was hook up the pellet boiler to the same system.

We also figured it would work better because the more storage I have the less of the chance of the boiler would dump heat in hot weather. It has never had to dump heat yet.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.