Info on Fisher Marlborough Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

colsi281

Aug 17, 2020
New Zealand
Hello.

Trying to find info on Fisher Marlborough inbuit fireplace which was installed in our New Zealand home late 80's to replace an open fire. Pic attached (sorry not great pic).
Needing to some info on kilowatt rating or otherwise user manual?? Maybe a long shot but thought I would try.

Thanks!
IMG_20200818_100001.jpg

Reactions: Todd67
Ok some leads. I believe it maybe a Fisher honey bear (rebranded to Fisher Marlborough in NZ?) Also insert not inbuilt fireplace.
image.jpg

Last edited:
SOLVED: In case it helps anyone in the future. It is not a Honey Bear as it doesn't have the step up to the flue. Here is an old brochure page showing the technical info on the Marlborough (12kw), Lochinvar, and Plimmer fireplace models, sent to me by Fisher NZ.

Attachments

• fisher marlbourough.jpg
    fisher marlbourough.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 264
Wow, didn't know Fisher stoves were sold in the southern hemisphere. That's pretty cool.

It is what was called the Honey Bear Insert in the US.
The first Insert was designed in 1979 called the Fisher Fireplace Insert. They are the only flat top appliance made by Fisher. After 1980 they were available with glass doors, Series III had small glass, Series IV had larger glass opening. Later the downsized Honey Bear with glass doors was patented. (III Series doors) There were solid doors also available for that model as shown on your freestanding brochure. The Polar Bear was patented as the zero clearance model, and later a Cub Bear Insert was patented. Finally the Insert model Tech IV and the last Insert was the TF-88. (The Flame 1988)
The Vice President of the company in Oregon, US went to Europe and started production there, a Canadian fabricator went to New Zealand for your market, leading to the New Zealand production called Fisher Traditional.
I lost contact years ago with my contact at Fisher of New Zealand when the earthquake destroyed the main showroom there which was a hearth and yard type business. Many in the US don’t know they are still in business.
Manuals available online.