input on morso 3410

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dvellone

Feeling the Heat
Sep 21, 2006
I've toyed with the idea of replacing my stove and now it's time to act.

Any input on Morso, and in particular the 3410?

As much as it's possible, any non biased thoughts to overall quality and performance when comparing Morso to Jotul?

Thanks!

The Morso is an excellent stove. It all depends on the size of room or area your going to try and heat. The looks of the stove and the overall insulation of your home. This stove is rated at 1200 square feet, and usually these ratings are somewhat high.

I'm taking a ride down to the dealer tonight or tomorrow am. to get a close up look. The frustrations of loading and cleaning my Nordic 100 will become tempered with the warmth of the summer and the passing time so it's now or never.

The 3410 is a sweet little stove to use. My experience with Morso is that, compared to other designs, their heat transfer efficiency is on the low side, because the primary airwash manifold covers the inside of most of the stove top, which is the main heat exchanging surface for most stoves. And look at the exploded parts section of the manual (available online.) There are a lot of parts in a Morso - a lot of things that can warp and leak and start to perform less than optimally with time. That was my experience with the 2110 I had for a couple years - search this site for "Morso 2110" and you'll see some of my prior posts on it. Lovely to look at, wonderfully easy to use, but deteriorating performance with time. My current Quad 2100, which has the same max btu/hr rating, absolutely stomps it, putting out more heat and using 20% less wood doing it.

So, though I'm not a fan of the F100 either, I'd think twice about replacing the 100 with a 3410. The 3410 only takes 12" logs and I doubt if it will put out more heat.

There's a real hole in the market for this size of stove, IMO. All the current entries are fraught with drawbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.