input on morso stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dvellone

Feeling the Heat
Sep 21, 2006
I currently use a jotul nordic 100 and am considering the morso 3410 or 2b classic as a replacement because of their ashdrawer, outside air option, area heated, general dimensions, and, in the case of the 2b it's loading design. The jotul burns well and is efficient so I'd hate to trade up in size but compromise efficiency. Any opinions?

I cannot comment on the stoves listed, but I love my 7110 burns great. Only issues are the small firebox, and ash spillage from the front loader... Oh and the friggin handles for the door are not attached. But you can't beat the rear clearance of 6.5" to combustible walls in practically any other stove.

Love mine, I would imagine the smaller ones are also good stoves. 150+ years they have to be doing something right ;)

It's rare to hear a complaint against a Morso. Why trading up? Heat, looks, burn time?

BeGreen said:
It's rare to hear a complaint against a Morso. Why trading up? Heat, looks, burn time?

The nordic is a bit small in terms of capacity and burn time. Heat output is fine - that issue has more to do with my drafty house. Most importantly I can't stand the front load design and lack of an ash drawer and I think the drawback of this design is magnified in a small woodstove.

Status
Not open for further replies.