Insert not burning pellets completely

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drobin

Oct 25, 2016
Poughkeepsie NY
Hey Guys
I have a 1994 Harman Invincible Insert. It was working great for about two weeks. I cleaned the burn pot pretty good but still not burning the pellets fully. I adjusted the feed to lowest setting, still no good.
I'm a newbie and love the stove but need specific advice if anyone could help me trouble shoot. Thanks

I'm not totally familiar with your unit, but sounds like the fines box (if there is one)
is either partially blocked or the cover may not be sealed. My P43 did this when the
gasket on the fines box cover failed.

I'm not totally familiar with your unit, but sounds like the fines box (if there is one)
is either partially blocked or the cover may not be sealed. My P43 did this when the
gasket on the fines box cover failed.
What was the fix for this Dasky. Did you have to get a new cover or can just the gasket be replaced

Unfortunately, I had to buy BOTH the cover & the gasket.
I kept the old ones & will attempt to buy new gasket material
if & when this one fails. Unfortunately, it failed about three years
ago & I don't remember exactly how much it was...
$50 -$75 I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.