Inside a grundfoss alpha

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
7esugabe.jpg
y9ujudyr.jpg
dabeta8e.jpg
sapuhuze.jpg
3ada7ava.jpg

Reactions: velvetfoot
Wow, you're brave. My expertise stops at spinning the rotor. I did take apart a calculator once 'cause it was giving me wrong answers:p (tongue in cheek). That ended up about where you are on that Alpha.==c Couldn't find anything wrong!

Reactions: huffdawg
I had one seize up on me, after 5 weeks. The supply place gave me a new one. The one that quit was noisy from day one, it put a hum in the 1 1/4" copper that you could hear just about anyplace in the house.

Voltage was getting to it, right? As in, throught that quick connect cord on it? Check and make sure you have continuity through the cord and the plug connections with a multi meter if you know how to use one. I hope it's something simple like that....

Have you been able to get the circuit boards free in order to get a good look at them? I think most of the real estate on those boards is taken up by resistors and diodes to operate the multi speed feature. There should be a power supply on one of them which should be looked at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.