Inside stove wall temperature

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tsmall

Nov 14, 2017
I just upgraded from an old wood insert to a 2005 Regency i3100 wood insert. I prefer to monitor stove temp with an infrared laser since I dont have access to the flue and for accuracy. What is a good operating temp range of the inside walls and air tubes?

Last edited:
I don’t think folks are measuring from inside of actual stove/insert. Temps are usually taken from stovetop, which is usually not an option with inserts.

I just upgraded from an old wood insert to a 2005 Regency i3100 wood insert. I prefer to monitor stove temp with an infrared laser since I dont have access to the flue and for accuracy. What is a good operating temp range of the inside walls and air tubes?
Won't you be reading the temperature of the glass? Or at least, won't the glass interfere with the reading?