Installation Costs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rosencra38

Jun 17, 2008
West Michigan
What is a general range to expect for installation of a wood stove from a reputable dealer? I'm looking at removing my fireplace and demo'ing the entire corner area so I should be able to use the existing chimney with some modifications I'd expect. Someone I work with paid over $1000 for delivery and installation in a new stick built home.

I'm sure a lot of people will chime in with their experience.... here's mine. It may not be valid for your requirements but it should serve as a calibration point.

My install was this month, insert into an existing masonry fireplace, two story flue, full stainless liner. I shopped three stove stores and all had an installation estimate of $1400 to $1600. I ended up paying $1500. It would have been about $500 less with a partial liner (direct connect) but I decided on the full liner for (a) better draft control and (b) easier chimney cleaning.

By the way in this case install includes pick-up and delivery from the dealer.

Wow, sounds like more than I thought it might be. I guess I can expect to drop an easy $3K on this project. Good news is that it should pay for itself in 2 years or so.

rosencra38 said:
Wow, sounds like more than I thought it might be. I guess I can expect to drop an easy $3K on this project. Good news is that it should pay for itself in 2 years or so.

I ended up at $4200 including install. And I figure two year payback at current oil price -- less if prices continue to skyrocket.

$3-4K is not unusual for a new stove and complete flue installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.