Installation underway

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Started the instalation of my new gassifier boiler heating system. Put 110' 1 1/4" themopex in the ground. Not as easy as I thought it would be. first hit a footer right when I started, then another footer. Had to dig both out.
Luckly I had a backhoe and not a trencher. Then the foundation wall (crawlspace) that I thought was going to be a cynder block was actually a 13" cement footer with 1 row of block above the dirt. It took a little over an hour to drill a 4" hole threw that. Then had a hard time pushing it threw the hole but got it with the help of three friends. also picked up two 500 gal propane tanks. No turning back now !! On the way home with the tanks
BIO HEAT USA called and said that I had won their contest :cheese: . Then they informed me third place. Guess I will be in the market for a boiler after all :-S I'll try to post some pics later.

Attachments

• boiler trench.jpg
    boiler trench.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 257
  • boiler 1 (2).jpg
    boiler 1 (2).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 252
  • boiler shed piping.jpg
    boiler shed piping.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 263
  • new tank pit size.jpg
    new tank pit size.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 258
  • new size vet.jpg
    new size vet.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 248
Would you mind sharing where you found those tanks? I am looking for 250 to 325 gallon tanks for storage and have had no sucess yet.

Also, it is not clear what you won.

Thanks

Got the tanks from a friends grandpa that bought around 30 of them at an auction. They have 6 left but dont look in the best shape. I picked the 2 best ones and believe they will be fine not so sure on the other ones, I
give $250.00 each. The third place prize is a moisture meter. I think they gave 5 third place, 3 second (ash vacume) 1 first (boiler)

I like the Vet!

Hunderliggur said:
I like the Vet!

Thanks. It needs a paint job but mechanicly has been rebuilt.

Lots of rain here. By the time the mud dries up and with work dont Know when I'll Be ready to pour cement for boiler shed and shop, still have to dig footer for shed and foarm 1/2 footer for shop. hoping this sat
if its not raining again.

Status
Not open for further replies.