installing a fisher mama bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eml9

Jan 2, 2022
DelawAre
I bought a fisher mama bear to heat my shop . It is a metal building with drywall for interior. I will be going threw the wall . Can anyone help me with clearances for my set up ? How far must my stove be from any combustable? and how high does my chimney need to be over the peak of my roof ?

I bought a fisher mama bear to heat my shop . It is a metal building with drywall for interior. I will be going threw the wall . Can anyone help me with clearances for my set up ? How far must my stove be from any combustable? and how high does my chimney need to be over the peak of my roof ?
Stove needs 36" of clearance to combustibles. That can be reduced to 12" with a ventilated NFPA 211 shield.

Your chimney needs to be 3' higher than the point it passes the roof or 2' higher than anything within 10' whichever is higher.

Reactions: clancey
ThAnk you.So as far as installing my wall thimble…what clearance do I need In between my wall stud ?
What type of wall thimble? If it is for a prefab chimney just follow the directions

ThAnk you.So as far as installing my wall thimble…what clearance do I need In between my wall stud ?
Is there a way to go straight up? Much cheaper and works better.

Class A chimney pipe requires 2 inches clearance to combustibles, so the ceiling support where chimney starts, or wall thimble with chimney pipe going through it establishes proper clearance.