Installing an igniter on an older Whitfield Advantage Plus MH-116278

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy1998

Jan 21, 2015
MD
I want to install an igniter on my old Whitfield Advantage Plus pellet stove. When I bought it about 12 years ago, I didn't get it with an igniter. There is the threaded pipe that goes into the pellet tray, but is blocked off in the tray. The issue I am having is that I can't find any where to plug the igniter into. I have seen a video on how to replace it, but in the video it shows a small circuit board located under the blower motor where it plugs into. Mine doesn't have that.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

The best person to ask on modifications to the whitfields is member Snowy Rivers. If it can be done, she's likely done it! Send her a PM.

You can either put the name in the search box and find a thread where she posted and click on her screen name under the avatar. A message box will show up that has start a conversation...

The other option would be to go to the top of the page and find the little white box icon next to your screen name. That will open up a start a conversation where you have to enter forum member name...

Another one to try might be Stovensen ...

You're going to need a fast-fire igniter kit. This will come with the timing block (little black box) as well as the plug and play wire harness for your particular model. Whitfield part number 12040002. Mountain View hearth has them for sale and in stock. $240 bucks

Reactions: Stovensen
You're going to need a fast-fire igniter kit. This will come with the timing block (little black box) as well as the plug and play wire harness for your particular model. Whitfield part number 12040002. Mountain View hearth has them for sale and in stock. $240 bucks
Thank you for the help.

Reactions: SteveG518
You're quite welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.