Instally an Excell Ultrablack double wall stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

romika3

Oct 14, 2008
Newfoundland
I just found this forum and have my first question. I am installing the chimmey for my new pacific energy wood stove. My chimmey is an Oliver MacLeod 6'' and my stove pipe is a double wall excell Ultar black. Is this the correct install. Put the telescopic pipe together. slide the the uncrimped end over the stove collar and install a band, slide the cripped end up over the ceiling mount and insert three screws and then cover with a gold band. Insert three screws at telesocpic joint and then cover with another gold band.

Dan :)

Hi Dan, welcome. I haven't installed this pipe, though usually the crimped end is toward the stove when installing the stove pipe. However, the installation manual says nothing about crimped pipe. Are you using projet dw connector pipe? According to the manual, the outside portion of the telescoping pipe is at the top. The adjustable portion points toward the stove.

http://www.securitychimneys.com/PDF/installation/chimneys/Inst_PROJET-DW.PDF
http://www.securitychimneys.com/PDF/installation/chimneys/Inst_DL.PDF

Thanks for your reply. I should have purchased the same chimmey system rather than mixing a matching. Learned my first lesson. If I follow the instructions you forwarded to me I will be able to get the excel to work.

Dan :)

Best of luck, PE makes good stoves. You should be getting some good heat out of the new stove.

I recently bought EXCEL double wall pipe and made the same mistake as you - mixed and matched.
I don't have it connected yet, but you're right, the crimped end slides over the existing chimney connection.

The little I researched about EXCEL double wall pipe is that is seems to be excellent quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.