Insulated chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

logfarmer

Feeling the Heat
Oct 25, 2015
Ohio
hello all, been reading but haven’t seen what I’m looking for! I’m buying a new stove this yr and I’m thinking about putting a liner in my exterior clay lined chimney. My inside chimney measurements are 6-3/4”x10”. Am I able to put a 6” insulated liner in that chimney? Or should I at least just put a liner in there not insulated? Thank you for any help or opinions.

Log farmer

No you wont fit a 6" round insulated liner in there but you could use an oval or remove the clay

A round 6" insulated liner ends up measuring 7" inches outside Diameter with the insulation added & some places may be as much as 7 1/2" depending on how tight your wrapping job is.