intellifire plus ignition question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdkreutz

Jan 3, 2016
Pleasant prairie wi
Hello I'm happy to have found this forum!
One year ago we moved into our new home that has a Heat Glo 8000C IPI system.
I'm one week out of the eletrical warranty period and have needed to reset the IPI system 3 times in this week. So glad there's good YouTube videos on that process.
My question is what might I try to do I order to fix this reset issue?
It's simple to remove the front screen and see the red to green flashing light then turn it off for 5 mins and reset it. But it's just annoying.
Thanks for any suggestions

upload_2016-1-3_8-50-27.png

I would try cleaning the rectification rod with some steel wool or emery paper. It is located in the pilot assembly & is shown at the top center of this diagram.

View attachment 170817
I would try cleaning the rectification rod with some steel wool or emery paper. It is located in the pilot assembly & is shown at the top center of this diagram.
Thanks for the reply: I can not locate the words Rectification Rod in the diagram any chance you could tell me what its by or what's around it.
Also what side of this diagram is the front of my system I just need to get some orientation. Once again thank you so very much

The "FLAME SENSE" rod is the one you want.
It will be the taller of the two in the pilot assembly.
If you have any doubts as to which is which, clean BOTH rods.

Status
Not open for further replies.