Interam Gasket-Dutchwest 2462

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dgarver

Dec 18, 2010
North East OH
Hi all.

I am a bit bewildered; I am replacing my combustor in my stove, with a standard ceramic replacement. I am also replacing some door gasketing, and bypass damper gasketing. While searching the internet for the proper size gasket to use for the doors and damper, I found mention of an Interam Gasket in a "Gasket Kit" sold by a stove supply house.

Upon digging further, I realized this is supposed to go around the combustor in some fashion, but I couldn't tell you how, since my stove doesn't have this gasket to begin with! I have run this combustor since 2011 when I bought and refurbished the stove. The previous owner had run it for at least two years. All of this, as far as I know, without issue.

Now suddenly I am worried I need to get this darn gasket! Can anyone tell me what part of the stove this gasket is supposed to seal against? Do I really need it? I have used it all these years without it!?

I think my stove was made in 1997 or 1999, I'm not 100% sure as I am at work right now, but it's written down at home.

Here is the gasket I am referring to:

https://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/6-interam-gasket-for-dutchwest-stoves-1203533-p/1203533.htm

Thanks for any help, I don't spend enough time on here to know what might seem like basic information to many of you.