Interesting challenge (?) on CL posting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow1

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2008
Eastern MA
This looks interesting - almost worth the challenge if you wanted to test out a new saw eh?

Now if the piece REALLY is 4ft wide (diameter?) and 4ft long, then that would be about 1/2 cord once split up (I figure air between pieces will make up for corners eh?). Some serious wood there eh? Get paid $30 to take it away too...

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/zip/1224295799.html
=====================
******** free firewood ********************************************* (needham,ma.)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-16, 12:07PM EDT

1 log left,measures about 4 feet wide by 4 feet long,big chunk.....2 cuts already started on piece,u need a big saw to cut the rest,maple wood,located in needham,bring wedges to break up the pieces u cut..or..bring some help...if you can get this out soon ill give u 30.00 to cover your gas....thanks...tom 781 727 1951..the other guys used ramps to roll them in to their truck.
====================

That's a beast.....but it would give you a reason to buy some rediculously big bar and chain combo!

I wish this was closer. I have a electric winch and dump trailer that would make this easy to pick up... and a 3120xp/880 that love to eat! Most people run when they see these monsters, but I think it's kind of fun processing them in my spare time.

Status
Not open for further replies.