Interesting stove on Ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Does that bring back memories. This is what my parents used to heat our 3000 sqft house when I was growing up. Theirs was installed in about 1981 and it heated the hot water that was circulated throughout the house. It seemed to work quite well, and that's all we heated with, but back then I didn't pay attention to such things as burn time, cleanliness of burn etc.

The rate of burn was regulated by that thing on the front that would open and close the air intake depending on temperature. It failed once, when my brother and I were home and overfired the stove. We didn't see anything glowing red, but it created too much pressure in the water system and one of the T&P valves released. That scared the crap out of us.

Since it was so old, my Dad just took it out a year ago and replaced it with a freestanding PE Spectrum. I don't think they are heating with hot water anymore and they are going through a lot less wood.

Gads, and that stuff (really it's relabeled Pabst IIRC) was raunchy when it was new... Definitely a collectible, cause there's no way I'd ever think of drinking it today!

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.