intermittent blowing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stove in question is a Lopi Declaration Flush Wood insert. The insert is 4 years old. Generally a fine stove. The blower has been working intermittently lately, sometimes coming on early 15 min. after light up, sometimes later 45 mins. after light up. Sometimes it turns on and off during the course of the night.

I think the Thermodisk may be responsible.

My question to you all is, would it be possible to take the Thermodisc out of the operation of the blower?
There are two wires that reach back to the nether regions of the stove, I'm guessing these go to the Thermodisc, if I were to cut these wires and tie them together would I be eleminating control of the Thermodisc and gaining manual control of the blowers?

I appreciate any help you may offer.
Thanks

Just wire nut the two wires on the snap disk together. That's all you need to do.

It most likely has to do with the stove body temperature and the sensor connection - if that helps troubleshoot. If the stove is thoroughly warm, burning and the fan running and it then the fan cycles with a full load of wood, than investigate the sensor and/or its connection to the stove body. Otherwise, it is normal (but annoying) as the stove body cools for the fan to cycle. Depending on how much kindling and small splits with a startup, the stove body will warm faster/slower to trigger the sensor early or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.