Intermittent flame on Heat&Glo SL-750TR-IPI-E

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

YellowDemon71

Nov 18, 2021
Orland Park, IL
Have intermittent flame when trying to start my Heat&Glo NG fireplace.
Model SL-750TR-IPI-E
I tried cleaning the pilot assembly. Same issue.
I replaced the pilot assembly. Problem continues.
I replaced gas valve. Same problem.

What am I missing.
Thanks

Have intermittent flame when trying to start my Heat&Glo NG fireplace.
Model SL-750TR-IPI-E
I tried cleaning the pilot assembly. Same issue.
I replaced the pilot assembly. Problem continues.
I replaced gas valve. Same problem.

What am I missing.
Thanks
Well, the IPI module and the 3v power adapter are the only things left that you have not replaced. I would start with checking the wall switch and work my way to the IPI module, checking power at each step.

Attachments

• IPIPlus_TroubleshootingGuide.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 511
Well, the IPI module and the 3v power adapter are the only things left that you have not replaced. I would start with checking the wall switch and work my way to the IPI module, checking power at each step.
Well, I check the switch by removing and connecting the wires together. The ignitor started right up and flame never turned off.
I decided to removed the new gas valve and pilot assembly and put original ones on. Everything worked great. I can return both items no problem.
Thanks for your help.
Have a great holiday.

Reactions: Lennox65