Intertherm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael P

Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2006
Hello everyone. I just registered. I must admit I never thought there would be a forum for fireplaces/stoves but I guess thats what makes the Internet great! I'm hoping someone can help me out here. We just purchased a new home with a wood-burning fireplace. I've never used one before & I seem to have misplaced the owners manual. I've tried Googling the manuf. & their site has very limited information & only points me to the nearest dealer. I doubt they will help me. I really don't feel confident in using the fireplace without reading the manual first. Not to mention that I tried burning wood in it this weekend & I kinda filled up the house with smoke! I made sure that the flue was open but I didn't know if I was supposed to keep the glass doors open or closed (I thought they would pop if I closed them). Below is the manuf name & model. If anyone knows where I can get a manual I would certainly appreciate the nod in the right direction. Please accept my apologies in advance if I posted this in the wrong forum. Many thanks & I look forward to chatting with everyone here.

Intertherm
BM36HCD

Status
Not open for further replies.