Intrepid 1 gasket placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StoveHopeful

Oct 27, 2020
Vermont
Tldr: What is the correct route/placement for a Vermont castings intrepid 1 door gasket?

Anyone have a photo of the correct install pattern for an intrepid 1 door gasket?

I just removed the old gasket on my intrepid 1 and ready to put in a new one but want to make sure I do it correctly. I think the old one was not installed correctly. Where the doors meet and overlap (in the middle of the front of the stove) it looks like gasket could be installed on either/both the right door interior side and left door exterior side. Can you please advise where the gasket should be installed? If I install on both the interior side of the right door and exterior side of left door I would have gasket on gasket.

Last edited: