Intrepid 2 bottom heat shield.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmcqq37

Jun 11, 2013
Mass
Hi everyone, let me first start off by saying how great I think this site is. I I recently purchased an intrepid 2 woodstove. After reading over the manual a few time. I realized the stove required a bottom heat shield. This didn't come with the stove also it appears there was never one mounted on it(could be wrong). I did multiple searches trying to buy one. It almost seems like they do not exists. I haven't been able to find a website that sells them(one site sold mounting hardware). The local wood stove store told me he needed a little time to search and I never heard from him again. Any help I would greatly appreciated . I wouldn't have a problem making one but I have no information on what it should look like and what gauge steel it should be.

According to the manual the 0307 Bottom Heat Shield is part #30004020.

And welcome to Hearth.com!

Thanks for the fast reply, I was pulling out my hair and didn't realize it was at the end of the manual. Another reason to love the site, thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.