rich2500 Posted By rich2500, Sep 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM

1. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    Anyone burn any of the Ironstones, they are made locally to me and several dealers sell them so I was thinking of picking up a ton but I hate buying a full ton of a brand I never burned .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Haven't heard of them nor seen anything in writing yet but if you can, pick up a few bands to try them in your stove. Sometimes, a pellet that works well in one stove is less than adequate in another. Gotta take reviews with a grain of salt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    thats the problem they are only sold by the ton,I'm not worried about my stove burning them as it will eat any pellet I feed it. I'm more concerned with heat output.

4. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    It's hard following all the "new" brands, are they just rebadged junk or something new..

5. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
  6. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    picking a ton of Iron stones up tomorrow to try I will post my thoughts after I have tried them,hope they are a good pellet as I can get them for 240 a ton

7. noremorse63

noremorse63
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 2, 2012
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Hi rich, I have burned Ironstone and really liked them. In fact I am getting a ton tomorrow. They seemed to be a mix between hard and softwood (more softwood) and were pretty clean overall. The heat output was also very good--at least for me. Where are you getting them for so cheap? I am paying 280 a ton! Let me know what you think? I am right on the border of MD and PA, are there any other stores up there that sell pellets? Currently I am forced to go to either The Mill or Courtland hardware for pellets. Thanks

8. Bucks Pellets

Bucks Pellets
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jul 17, 2014
    Loc:
    Bucks County, Pa
    My understanding is that they're a smaller mill in Leola, PA. They've been around for quite a while. We tried to bring a few loads in last year, but they never seemed to catch up with demand.

9. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    I know of 2 other places other then my dealer that sell the ironstones but the are both alot more expensive.

10. Sifan7x7

Sifan7x7
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 9, 2019
    Loc:
    Conestoga pa
    Thinking of getting a ton. How were they?

11. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    They are about average for heat and Ash but a lot of long pellets, some 2" long.

12. Sifan7x7

Sifan7x7
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 9, 2019
    Loc:
    Conestoga pa
    Okay. I’m running kingdom biofuel. Just trying to branch out and see what’s new. I’m
    New to pellet stoves.

13. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    I burn the Kingdom hardwood and softwoods and they are better then the Ironstones.