Is glass scratched?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepp31

Oct 9, 2008
Central IL
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could answer me about the glass on my Avalon Olympic stove. I filled the stove up last night and went to bed and when I woke up I had only coals in the stove like normal. The problem is I also had my glass marked with what looks like an area shaped in an oval in the center of the glass, white in color and finely scratched all over in the oval. This is my third year burning the stove and this has never happened before. I have tried to get the scratches out with ash and glass cleaner to no avail. What can be done or is the glass trashed?

LLigetfa will that particular cleaner actually bring my glass back to new? I have tried everything and the big white haze area will not go away.

It's certainly worth a try. I use it on my glass and it does seal up the glass keeping it cleaner, longer. I'm guessing you can feel a rough texture on the hazy area when you wipe it. Areas on my glass that are rough before treatment, feel slicker'n catshit on a linoleum floor when I put that stuff on.

Whether or not it will make it "like new", I couldn't really say. If it is really bad, you might have to buff it out with a polishing compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.