Is Harman 61A too much stove for this space?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gutlo

Burning Hunk
Feb 22, 2009
eastern connecticut
I'm being offered a used Harman P61A for a good price. It's replacing a Harman Accentra in a 1000 square foot mobile home that is poorly insulated. The Accentra did a decent job except when it got below 25 degrees or the wind chill got severe.

Would the P61A be too much stove for the space? If I kept it on low most of the time, would it still overheat the area?

Thanks in advance to the helpful members of this forum.

Alot easyer to turn a big stove down, than get more out of a smaller one.

I'm being offered a used Harman P61A for a good price. It's replacing a Harman Accentra in a 1000 square foot mobile home that is poorly insulated. The Accentra did a decent job except when it got below 25 degrees or the wind chill got severe.

Would the P61A be too much stove for the space? If I kept it on low most of the time, would it still overheat the area?

Thanks in advance to the helpful members of this forum.
absolutey not.
can set the p61A below 70 degrees and very low blower speed...
on the other hand, won't even need to set at highest settings for below 25 degrees...
we have an old poorly insulated 1200 sq house and have never had the stove up to full throttle.
as said before, better to have bigger if needed.. can always go way up or way down..
good luck.. great stove easy to maintain.

definitely go big... My big E is to big for my space same as you old mobile home. Most of the time i run it on 2 and by the end of the day the heat is up to the point i have to shut it off or turn it down to 1. When it gets cold -10 or so going between 2 and 3 keep me toasty warm. When the temp dips to -10 i will turn the furnace on 1-2 times a day for 5 min to circulate the heat into the floor to keep pipes from freezing and i heat with the furnace overnight for same reason

Reactions: FirepotPete
You will wish you had that extra umph when it gets brutally cold. The P Series are wonderful and simple. That's what i like about them. That and all of the heat they throw and radiate. You really can not go wrong with one. Especially if you score one for cheap seats money.

Easy to clean, run, and work on too. All parts can be had readily on the net and delivered quickly and cheaper usually. I have enjoyed mine for sure. I just burnt a bunch pistachio nut shells in mine today mixed with pellets. Those babies cook and burn hot and super clean. WishI had a very good cheap source of them because I'd definitely rotate them into my burns. I've burned them several times when I have some stocked up.