Is iburncorn gone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I come up with nothing when i go on, just a white screen.

Just double checked again a minute ago....I can access the main page, and the forums show up immediately....no issues here.

Old forum still works, I get page can not be found for the new forum.

JA shut it down?

Corn is $8 a bushel in this area, over $8 on contract with Dad's dog food in Meadville, Pa. Add to that cost bagging and cleaning and I do not think anyone will be burning corn.

Eric

Yes it is the "new" forum that seems to be down. I just thought someone might know JA or know what is going on.

The fact that the "latest post" is from December 2010 is a dead giveaway................................

Until Ethanol takes a back seat (doubt it). I dont think corn will be the fuel of the future. As Eric said, its just to expensive.

We grow corn and in our case it is actually cheaper, even though i have only a pellet furnace. You figure the cash price for corn in our area right now is $7.15 at 56 lbs per bushel( That is the price we would get to sell our corn). That is $256/ton, but if you factor in the income tax we pay on it, which we'll say is around %20, were really getting $205/ton. The cheapest pellets I can get are $200/ton plus %10 sales tax and it's actually $220/ton. $15 cheaper, but the btu's are slightly less and most people don't grow corn.

Reactions: smoke show
We grow corn and in our case it is actually cheaper, even though i have only a pellet furnace. You figure the cash price for corn in our area right now is $7.15 at 56 lbs per bushel( That is the price we would get to sell our corn). That is $256/ton, but if you factor in the income tax we pay on it, which we'll say is around %20, were really getting $205/ton. The cheapest pellets I can get are $200/ton plus %10 sales tax and it's actually $220/ton. $15 cheaper, but the btu's are slightly less and most people don't grow corn.

What type of Pellet Furnace do you have? Pellet only huh?

I too get the blank screen for the new IBC forum, altho the old one is still up. fyi I am primarily a pellet burner, but that site was outstanding for me and my stove (Bixby). Lots of good maintenance, operating, and general info for many stove brands. Hope it returns!

I checked their "Facebook presence" and as of about 18 hours ago, "Sorry the web site is down right now. Waiting for some new parts." I hope they get it back up, a lot of good info, and good people on there

Status
Not open for further replies.