Is my dealer full of it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats sucks about selling stoves, is that the mark up is very small. Dealers do not make much per stove they sell. So if Quad or Harman ups there price to the dealers, then what happens to the consumer? There price gets hiked up.

It would be tough to find another dealer. There are only three in a 50 mile area and they are all the same. I also had problems with that Black Magic joint isomeone posted about n Cambridge. These people are a bunch of scum bags. Here's another lie I have caught them in. I took about half an hour to find this little gem on Quads site but it proves they are full of chit. here's a link http://www.quadrafire.com/Customer_Care/prodavailability.pdf clearly states that dealers have been notified of all deliveries up through November, but they claim they "have no idea whats in a order." Plus it's a little late in the game to start over. I'll get my stove because I will hammer the lowlifes till they beg me to stop. I Have tracked the owner down got his address and phone number at Sec. Of States website and left a message at his home. (Staff at store refused to give me his info.) Got the Phone number for Quadrafire's Regonial Sales Manager by calling HHT direct and I am supposed to be contacted by them. The squeeky wheel gets the grease you know. I would advise anyone who is thinking of canceling their order not to. If you do your deal is done and you won't be able to make them cover your losses. Small claims works good for up to $2000 and if I have to pay for oil then I'll call my lawyer. I can recover treble (triple damages) under 93A plus lawyer fees and court costs. I was raised by a father who taught me at a young age (Never screw with anyone, And NEVER let anyone screw with you.) He used a stronger word than screw if you get my meaning. I'ts an Irish thing lol

BTW Maybe there should be a list of dealers to avoid. If these bums can't sell to anybody they are gone. This place I'm dealing with ... stop stop the presses UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE as I am typing this phone rings Guess who Mr XXXXXXXXXX yes speaking This is Tim from The Stove Dxxxx we have a stove for you. I will now go to work on getting that bullsh** increase taken off my bill. Put the screws to your dealer. When they take your money it's a contract period. They don't perform they breech and they lose NOT YOU!! They HOPE YOU"LL GET MAD AND take your money back . Don't take the bait beat them with it. There are strong consumer laws you can wield like a sword. These dopes don't even know what there selling never mind the law. I beat a lawyer in small claims court in Roxbury one time. The court room was in stiches. Funniest thing I ever saw. All the people hooting and hollering it was like peoples court, too ,funny. If you want me to out these dirtbags all I need is the say so . Thank you all for your imput. You made me feel I had people in my corner and it felt great.

Now that's good news! Be sure to keep us updated.

Steve

Just got off the phone with John L HHT Regional sales manager for this area ***481-68** he works from home caught him brushing his teeth. Read him the riot act. He says the company told dealers to charge the higher price for any stove that would be (shipped after August 4th.) So I said because you can't ship a stove in a timely manner I get stuck, I don't think so. How sweet a deal is that for you guys you just hold up orders posted in June, July and send them out in August say around the fourth and you make an extra $400 or so. I told him under our laws that boat won't float. He says well I'm not a lawyer. I said neither am I but common sence would Would say what your doing is wrong and amounts to an August 4th increase being retroactive to july 1st. and if you don't rectify this I will open a can of worms and your boss will now have you to blame. He will talk to corprate and call me back. I'll keep you guys posted

I find that a lot of Wood Pellet Stove Dealers are just like real Hill-Billies
Don't get offended, but their way of doing business is just hilarious, when reading this forum. One can only shake the head and wonder.
The Retail Wood Pellet Industry as a whole has a lot of catching up to do in Business Ethics. To me it feels like shopping for a car like 10years ago.
You mostly couldn't trust the Sales Person and even when signing the contract they tried to get you on the end for a couple of dollars more.
I feel lucky that we found a decent dealer not too far from my area who will service us. My neighborhood Dealers are mostly like mentioned above. (disgusting)
But to keep on randing,
Customers are not much better, when visiting a Dealer in CT. one could see them like a Mob gone wild.
So I guess everything has two sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.