Is my England Missing Something

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jipcee

Oct 16, 2018
Chicago NW Burbs
Hello, New here. I just bought my first wood burner. England 28-3500. It's in good shape but missing the blower motor and some fire bricks. Only paid $100, so a good deal so far.
My question is, there are 2 angle brackets welded to the sides near back near the flu-hole. Is there supposed to be a baffle or deflector plate between these brackets. They are mounted on an angle in the picture.
If you could show me a picture of yours that would be great, so I know what I need to make.
Thanks very much!

Attachments

• Image-1.png.jpg
    Image-1.png.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Image.png.jpg
    Image.png.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 153
Yes the baffle plate sits on those angles. From the manual:

E. Baffle Plate

This furnace has a large baffle plate (Part IP-2835) that is located in the top of the firebox. This baffle plate lays on an angle iron track and can be removed by sliding it out of the unit. If the baffle becomes warped, it can be replaced by calling (800) 516-3636 or logging on to:
www.englanderstoves.com