Is my room fan malfunctioning on St Croix York insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah

Dec 4, 2008
CT
I recently purchased a St Croix York insert in an attempted upgrade from a Breckwell P-22 series insert. I have taken it through the break in stage, however I notice that after the initial proof of fire when the room fan comes on in setting #1 no matter how high I set the stove,ie up to # 5 the room fan/convection blower output doesn't increase. Is this normal? Shouldn't the room fan increase speed with increased feed?
Does anyone know, the dealer is giving me the run around.With the breckwell when I turned it up, low_medium-high the room fan increased and hence blew the heat into the room much more efficiently. I've had the installer out who changed the circuit board but I don't believe that was the problem,(everything else seems to be operating normally) and there is no perceptible increase in the blower output. meanwhile all my heat seems to be going right up the chimney. What gives? I have a 2 level open stairwell condo totaling 900 sq ft with the outside temp in the 30's my stove room doesn't get above 72 on level 5.... With the breckwell the room was 85 under the same conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.