Is the englander 30 tax credit eligible and pipe question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinmerchant

Hearth Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Cheshire, CT
I plan on purchasing the englander 30 for this winter. Is the tax credit ending this year and is this stove eligible. From previous posts it sounded like it is eligible.
Sorry for the double question but on the install, I'm trying to determine the best route for the pipe. It is going into a single level, vaulted ceiling room. The stove will be placed on the side of the room, at the bottom of the pitch. Should I run it straight up, thus exposing more pipe or follow the angle of the ceiling then out near the peak, which would create 2 angles. And I assume this would be in the manual, but what would be the minimum height. I have understood it to be generally 15 feet.

Humor : I was cutting yesterday in my wood pile when I thought to my self, that saw dust seems to be really flying every where. RUUUUN! Yellow jackets found a nice home in a piece of wood. Fortunately I didn't cut my arm of with the saw before I realized it was still on and I was half way across the yard smack-in my head to get the buggers out of my hair with the other hand.

Also want to say thanks to everyone on this site for all the invaluable info that keeps our invaluable family's safe.

The stove is eligible, but you have to get it in by December to qualify.

For the chimney I'd go straight up. The manual will state the min height, but make sure your chimney goes above the living area of the house. Otherwise your house may make a better chimney than the one you attach to the stove.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.