Is there a freestanding stove that can tie into hydronic heating?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBL

Apr 16, 2013
MA
My Harman insert has performed flawlessly this winter for our 1st and 2nd floor living spaces, very happy with how warm it's kept my house and how much HHO I've saved. My basement is finished & has a separate baseboard zone that I still burn HHO to keep warm when it's in use. But, It's been crossing my mind to perhaps get a freestanding to keep the basement warm and have the fire ambiance too. Would love for something to tie into the baseboards of the basement and maybe the second floor where the heat isn't as even. Just to help even out the heat a little better. The insert lives on the first floor so no issues there.

The PB105 has crossed my mind for the whole house but that would be a hefty expense, and the footprint of it is a lot larger than I like. I love the insert where it currently sits aesthetically so I want to keep it.

Piazzetta has been interesting me because it's such a nice looking stove but I've seen where it can tie into the DHW system and supply heat for baseboards. I'm not sure if these models are available in the US as they're mostly advertised in the UK and Europe.

I've seen the retrofit systems for Harman P's, not sure if I want to go down that route...

Am I just talking crazy or does something like this exist that's available in the USA?

I am thinking of using the Crosslink conversion on the stove at the back of my house for water heating and furnace using heat exchangers. Close off the vents that don't need additional heat and send heat to 4 rooms that are cooler and farther away.

My Harman insert has performed flawlessly this winter for our 1st and 2nd floor living spaces, very happy with how warm it's kept my house and how much HHO I've saved. My basement is finished & has a separate baseboard zone that I still burn HHO to keep warm when it's in use. But, It's been crossing my mind to perhaps get a freestanding to keep the basement warm and have the fire ambiance too. Would love for something to tie into the baseboards of the basement and maybe the second floor where the heat isn't as even. Just to help even out the heat a little better. The insert lives on the first floor so no issues there.

The PB105 has crossed my mind for the whole house but that would be a hefty expense, and the footprint of it is a lot larger than I like. I love the insert where it currently sits aesthetically so I want to keep it.

Piazzetta has been interesting me because it's such a nice looking stove but I've seen where it can tie into the DHW system and supply heat for baseboards. I'm not sure if these models are available in the US as they're mostly advertised in the UK and Europe.

I've seen the retrofit systems for Harman P's, not sure if I want to go down that route...

Am I just talking crazy or does something like this exist that's available in the USA?
There are a couple Piazzetta dealers here in the forum who might be able to help to let you know if those models are sold here., Pierre from Canada and P962, I think. Check the last couple threads about Piazzetta. My understanding is that they are bringing the multifuoco units, like the P962 here not the boiler ones.

Also, check with Marc from Caluwe. He carries pellet stoves with hydronic. He posts both here and on the boiler forums.

There are a couple Piazzetta dealers here in the forum who might be able to help to let you know if those models are sold here., Pierre from Canada and P962, I think. Check the last couple threads about Piazzetta. My understanding is that they are bringing the multifuoco units, like the P962 here not the boiler ones.

Also, check with Marc from Caluwe. He carries pellet stoves with hydronic. He posts both here and on the boiler forums.

Will do... I think you're right that the Piazzetta's with the Thermo firebox aren't available here yet... Would LOVE this guy:

http://www.piazzetta.it/en-US/Product/Details/thermo-pellet-stoves/p963-thermo

Status
Not open for further replies.