Is there a Max number of 90s that can be used with 4” pellet vent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Quadrafire 52

Sep 5, 2021
Massachusetts
Using 4” ICC Pellet vent in basement installation. ( Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE)
Wanted to go up out and Up to Avoid any sooting on exterior of house . Is there a MAX number of 90s that you can use? ( I realize each 90 is equal to 5’ of pipe)
Thank You

Yes I have the same manual. Unless I’m missing something it doesn’t mention a MAX number of 45s you can use . The reason I ask is I was at at pellet stove dealer today and the guy told me the max number of 45’s allowed is 3 so I came back home and re read everything and still didn’t see it!
Maybe I Missed it !
but I figured I would throw that question out there in case I did !
Thank You

I don't think there is a max number of 45 you can use !
Just remember every 45 puts the equivalent of 3 ft. rise in the chimney
a90 is 5 ft. so use accordingly

The more 90’s you use will increase the turbulence of the exhaust and work your combustion blower harder

Reactions: SidecarFlip
It looks like if your total calculated equivalent feet is 30 or less, you should be fine. I did not see any limit on the number of 90's or 45's listed. The 3 90's in figure 13.1 is just an example.