Is this a correct flue tile support method?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolateporcupine

Hearth Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
w det burb
I cut some more of my double-wall-steel fireplace backing; this gave me better clearances and better access to my first flue piece. I get the feeling that my first tile is supported by a slight bit of warped metal around the smoke pit; there's nothing but large air gap as far up the outside of the flue(yet still inside the brick frame) as I can see!! I need to clean out the rest of the old cement, but I'm afraid to do this before I cement what I've already removed! Is this a correct flue tile support method? Should I pack with fibreglass before cementing? thanks for the help from Elk and the gang, Choco. p.s I changed my title to get some feedback.

Attachments

• Copy of fireplace 3 web.jpg
    Copy of fireplace 3 web.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Copy of fireplace 2 web.jpg
    Copy of fireplace 2 web.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 260
Status
Not open for further replies.