is this normal for auger feed setting 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burrman

Hearth Supporter
Feb 17, 2009
michigan
my stove is on setting 1 and yet its feeding to fast( i think and the flame is tall stove is an ashely harritige...pics included
th_IMG_0274.jpg
th_IMG_0275.jpg
th_IMG_0276.jpg

That is quite a flame, and for having the door open too. Nice hearth pad by the way, I'm sure the safety cops on the site will flame you for that.

18 people have looked at this but yet no one has any input....help...

BJN644 said:
That is quite a flame, and for having the door open too. Nice hearth pad by the way, I'm sure the safety cops on the site will flame you for that.

I wasn't going there, But I am glad you did!

Tall lazy flame would be an air issue, I'd say. Hard to tell with the door open. Better if you cleaned the glass and closed the door so we could get a look at the true burn.

jay

jtakeman said:
BJN644 said:

I wasn't going there, But I am glad you did!

Tall lazy flame would be an air issue, I'd say. Hard to tell with the door open. Better if you cleaned the glass and closed the door so we could get a look at the true burn.

jay
yes if this stove is a negative air stove if you have the door open the proper amount of air will not suck through the burn pot.

also is that installed on a wood floor?

yes its wood floor no i don't have a pad....it dosent get hot down there.. just answer the question and don't rail me on my safety..at lest im not using pvc pipe for exhaust pipe!!

jtakeman said:

jay

x2

burrman said:
yes its wood floor no i don't have a pad....it dosent get hot down there.. just answer the question and don't rail me on my safety..at lest im not using pvc pipe for exhaust pipe!!
Sir Some of us are here to help you but we can not help you if you can not help your self.
to protect your family from harm I suggest you read your owners manual and follow all directions including installation guidelines.

I did answer your question. the stove is not designed to burn with the door open pellet stoves are a closed system. for proper burn all door need to be shut and sealed tight.

Second YES it does get hot below. it only takes a constant 80 deg of radiant heat to cause Pyrolysis
fires that have been documented to have occurred when wood members were exposed to heating sources at 77ºC (170ºF) or higher—forms a reliable, scientific basis for
concluding that an ignition hazard exists if a heat source at 77ºC or higher is applied to a wood member for a
protracted period of time.

burrman said:
yes its wood floor no i don't have a pad....it dosent get hot down there... just answer the question and don't rail me on my safety..at lest im not using pvc pipe for exhaust pipe!!

Remember, YOU came here looking for help...no one forced you, and you give an arrogant answer like that?

From someone who obviously doesn't know much about proper set-up of a pellet stove, or even cares about safety (I hope you live alone), I'm surprised Rod even acknowledged you....I also have questions about the exhaust pipe going through the wall too, and I was going to give an opinion & advice, but now you get zip from me.

yes i came here for help....i dont want to start anything with anything....ive checked it whille it was buring and it does not get hot on the floor..ive checked the wall and floor..and as for the door open i was just showing the flame height it is about the same door closed and open i will post some pics with the glass cleaned and the flame going later when start it back up for the night...im in the process of making a sub floor for it ..just need to find some thin fire proff board or something...
burrman

macman said:
burrman said:
yes its wood floor no i don't have a pad....it dosent get hot down there... just answer the question and don't rail me on my safety..at lest im not using pvc pipe for exhaust pipe!!

Remember, YOU came here looking for help...no one forced you, and you give an arrogant answer like that?

From someone who obviously doesn't know much about proper set-up of a pellet stove, or even cares about safety (I hope you live alone), I'm surprised Rod even acknowledged you....I also have questions about the exhaust pipe going through the wall too, and I was going to give an opinion & advice, but now you get zip from me.

no please ask ....i should have not said that statement.i like to chat with yall on here so...

TO ALL THAT I OFFENDED....sorry if i was ignorant and rude ealier.....AND PLEASE ILL TAKE ANY ADVISE OR COMMENTS....
~Rocky~

burrman said:
yes i came here for help....i dont want to start anything with anything....ive checked it whille it was buring and it does not get hot on the floor..ive checked the wall and floor..and as for the door open i was just showing the flame height it is about the same door closed and open i will post some pics with the glass cleaned and the flame going later when start it back up for the night...im in the process of making a sub floor for it ..just need to find some thin fire proff board or something...
burrman

Ok
im not 100% sure that that harmon is a negitive air stove but if you have no difference with the door open or closed then you have a draft issue.
How long have you been using the stove. If for more that one season have you done a full service?
Is it new or used
how is it vented? out the wall or out the wall and up?
is the horizontal vent sort or long? does it have 1/4 rise per foot.
Is the ash pan sealing?
is the burn pot in correctly
do you have the air control adjusted to give it more air?

On the the hearth pad
Some 1/2" durarock or wonderboard with some tile or other non combustible material will will be just fine.

If the stove was safe to be used on a combustible floor they would put it in the manual. My Omega is Approved to be placed on a non combustible floor because it has been UL tested safe in a testing room with many Temperature probes to see were area get hot or not.

Your dealing with fire and chit happens better safe than sorry.

hearthtools said:
burrman said:
burrman

Ok
im not 100% sure that that harmon is a negitive air stove but if you have no difference with the door open or closed then you have a draft issue.
How long have you been using the stove. If for more that one season have you done a full service?
Is it new or used
how is it vented? out the wall or out the wall and up?
is the horizontal vent sort or long? does it have 1/4 rise per foot.
Is the ash pan sealing?
is the burn pot in correctly
do you have the air control adjusted to give it more air?

On the the hearth pad
Some 1/2" durarock or wonderboard with some tile or other non combustible material will will be just fine.

If the stove was safe to be used on a combustible floor they would put it in the manual. My Omega is Approved to be placed on a non combustible floor because it has been UL tested safe in a testing room with many Temperature probes to see were area get hot or not.

Your dealing with fire and chit happens better safe than sorry.
i bought it in jan last year used
its vented out the wall..comes out the stove to a 45 deg then straight out
im not sure this has an air controll on it for my air vent it has 1 1/2 pvc vent outside

more pics to come.... thank you guys so far..

ok i cleaned the stove..(first 2 pics)
then we have start up flame
then about 15-20 min flame all on lowest augar setting
th_IMG_0278.jpg

th_IMG_0279.jpg

th_IMG_0280.jpg

th_IMG_0281.jpg

if your stove is set at a temperature then the feed setting might not matter until that temp is reached....? just thinking outloud...not 100% on this.

Jim H. said:
if your stove is set at a temperature then the feed setting might not matter until that temp is reached....? just thinking outloud...not 100% on this.
it gets like 85 deg on setting 1......i dunno

what i am trying to say is when i start my stove and say it is 65* in the room and i have the stove set to 75* then the stove and feed rate
are pretty high until the temperature is reached of 75* then it will cycle a lot less and the flame gets smaller. make sense?

burrman said:
th_IMG_0278.jpg

th_IMG_0279.jpg

th_IMG_0280.jpg

th_IMG_0281.jpg

from the photos the fire looks good. but if you are getting a black soot build up it would be best to take the stove apart
Blowers, Firebrick, Clean out ports and anyother part you can see to take off and clean every nook and cranny

thought id take a pic of the outside and another pic from 15 feet away.....i dunno what to do i cleaned it with leaf blower today......
th_IMG_0282.jpg

th_IMG_0284.jpg

help......

hearthtools said:
burrman said:
th_IMG_0278.jpg

th_IMG_0279.jpg

th_IMG_0280.jpg

th_IMG_0281.jpg

from the photos the fire looks good. but if you are getting a black soot build up it would be best to take the stove apart
Blowers, Firebrick, Clean out ports and anyother part you can see to take off and clean every nook and cranny
isnt this high flame for setting 1,,,my brother in law has one and his setting 1 is really low....and after the end of the day my burn pot is full of ash,,,,,

burrman said:
thought id take a pic of the outside and another pic from 15 feet away.....i dunno what to do i cleaned it with leaf blower today......
th_IMG_0282.jpg

th_IMG_0284.jpg

help......
not the best way to terminate the vent so close to that window.
and you can tell by the soot on the siding not a good idea. you my get a better burn and heathy for indoor air if you vent the pipe up out the roof.

hearthtools said:
burrman said:
th_IMG_0282.jpg

th_IMG_0284.jpg

help......
not the best way to terminate the vent so close to that window.
and you can tell by the soot on the siding not a good idea. you my get a better burn and heathy for indoor air if you vent the pipe up out the roof.
i have a few other peices of pipe i might 90 it and go up 2 feet....think that would help

burrman said:
is there a way to controll the flame on this?
do you have the owners manual?
this will tell you how to adjust the air draft.
if not search online you might get lucky and find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.