Is this wired right?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 22, 2015
western New Hampshire
We moved in here 2 yrs ago, and I've spent the last couple of summers building up my woodpile. I had about a cord left from my old place, so I have at least put a few sticks through the boiler to make sure it works (no leaks, circulators come on, etc) but I never really leaned on it. Last year I messed around with coal, as the previous owner left a few hundred pounds for me. Again, never consistently ran it, just burned oil. A couple of weeks I was cleaning out the ashes and got to looking at the wiring, specifically from the aquastats over to the oil boiler, and I can't figure out how the oil would ever get a signal from Mr Woody to not kick on.

I found the WC-90 manual on line, and they do show wires going from the L4006B over to the oil boiler. I definitely do not have that. Any comments are appreciated, thanks.

Yes that old-ass DHW tank has been replaced.

IMG_2170.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG

Attachments

• Presentation1.pdf
    81.9 KB · Views: 114
I don't think anyone here can answer your question based on info posted. Might almost have to be there in person and trace/follow all the wiring. And the piping.

The oil unit might not need to be wired to the wood unit - it might just fire itself if its temp dropped below setpoint, with the wood fire keeping it above set point if there was a fire going.

Lots of different setups out there. Does it somehow not seem to work the way you think it should?

The oil unit might not need to be wired to the wood unit - it might just fire itself if its temp dropped below setpoint, with the wood fire keeping it above set point if there was a fire going.

I believe it probably runs like this. Based on how the mc cable runs anyway.