is this wrong?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Danbro5000

Oct 8, 2022
Southeast South Dakota
I just had a wood stove installed and paid way more than one would think would be a fair price.

The thing i'm not sure about is where the stove pipe enters the stove. In my mind shouldn't the stove pipe fit outside of the ring and not inside?

stove pipe.jpg

I just had a wood stove installed and paid way more than one would think would be a fair price.

The thing i'm not sure about is where the stove pipe enters the stove. In my mind shouldn't the stove pipe fit outside of the ring and not inside?

View attachment 304173
Nope that's the right direction. I would like to see the crimp trimmed down so the rib in the pipe bottoms out.

Reactions: Danbro5000
It goes that way so that any melting creosote drive into the lower pipe and does not run out of the pipe on its way down.

Or just condensation not nessecarily creosote