Issue with Harman Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

btfu806

Oct 26, 2017
PA
Hello all,
I have been trying to get a professional out to take a look at my stove, but unfortunately I live in the middle of no where and it's not easy for the guy to get out to me, plus he's been booked and will be booked solid till December.
Anyway, I have a Harman Accentra Insert Pellet stove that worked great all last year. I started it up this year after doing a full cleaning (pulling the machine out and cleaning in the back and everything) and after starting it up the first time it worked great for about 2 hours, then it stopped feeding itself pellets and just ran the combustion blower and the distribution blower, that would alternate between a high and low setting. It would continue to do this for hours after the fire died, eventually I had to pull the plug to stop it (turning the dial to off did nothing).
I cleaned it again and did a hard reset. Then the next time it lasted fifteen minutes before doing it again. It was acting like it was in test mode almost (the feed dial was not on test mode obviously).

I cleaned off the ESP figuring it might be an issue there, but it still does it.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Status light hasn't been blinking or anything as well.

Thanks for your help I appreciate it!!

My first thought ran to the possibility that a wire was pinched/damaged/separated when you did the pull-out in the spring. I've done that myself at least once during a pull-out. Second, I agree that the ESP could be faulty. Third, I guess I'd be taking a look at the control panel, although I'm not sure what you describe is consistent with that. Usually, a bad control panel causes the stove to stop functioning altogether.

I assume the auger motor is working fine.

I'm sure the resident Harman experts who know far more than me will be along shortly.

My first thought ran to the possibility that a wire was pinched/damaged/separated when you did the pull-out in the spring. I've done that myself at least once during a pull-out. Second, I agree that the ESP could be faulty. Third, I guess I'd be taking a look at the control panel, although I'm not sure what you describe is consistent with that. Usually, a bad control panel causes the stove to stop functioning altogether.

I assume the auger motor is working fine.

I'm sure the resident Harman experts who know far more than me will be along shortly.

I checked the wires, I didn't see a pinch or anything but I also wasn't looking THAT hard. So that's a good idea, I will check later.

I have a gut feeling it is the ESP as well.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried it in both Stove Temp and Room Temp modes with the thermostat turned all the way up? If it works in one mode and not the other then it may be a problem with the control knob.

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried it in both Stove Temp and Room Temp modes with the thermostat turned all the way up? If it works in one mode and not the other then it may be a problem with the control knob.

I have not, I only did it on Stove Temp. That's a good idea though, I will do that tonight. Thanks!

Edit: Also, thank you, happy to be on the forum!

Last edited: