It never hurts to ask for a discount!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Pencil

Oct 30, 2008
Tipp City, Ohio
Price of pellets (Rocky Mountain) were $4.99 bag or $249.50/ton. I saw their computer screen and that was their sale price. Regular price was $5.39/bag. I asked them if I bought 10 ton what discount I might recieve. (My dad and I went in together) They came back with $4.25/bag. I tried them out and decided to purchase 12 ton. So now I have 6 ton of Rocky mountains in my garage. On my part I saved $222 off the sale price on my half of the pellets.

Never hurts to ask.

Forgot to mention that these were from Menards. Lowes would not discount what they had. So Menards got the sale. I go thru about 5 - 5 1/2 tons/year. Currently have 8 1/4 tons total since my Father took the other 6 tons. I figure after next winter I will only need to buy 2 or 3 ton versus 5 or 6.

They look like good pellets at a really good price. I checked a couple of websites and see that the company says it uses exclusively beetle-kill lodge pole pine and meets Pellet Fuels Institute standards. Sounds like a smart way to recycle dead wood. They're not sold here in the northeast but it's interesting to know about them. Anything to reduce price pressure in one area helps us all a little bit.

After you've burned them for a while this winter, maybe you could post on how well they do for you?

I've burned a couple bags of rocky mountain pellet they burned great,igot them at home depot in maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.