It seems like Husqvarna Saw’s prices have jumper or am I just getting old?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
I looked at the prices in some of my saws and it seems like the prices sure have jumped lately. I mean I see the w90XP’s with a 28" B/C for $1240 and that’s not a fluke price from some dreamer either as there’s more sellers asking about the same for them. And I bought a new 543XP last spring for $330 with a 16" B/C and now they are in the $500 range. My 562XP is now around a grand, holy smokes! I paid $600 but it has been sometime now, I think I got that saw 5 years ago or so but still that’s a 40% increase in 5 years time. Those three saws I had ported so I imagine they are worth something now but I’ll never sell them. When I die my nieces will get them and They will probably drop them off at their local Goodwill store lol.

Reactions: duramaxman05
I don’t have any Huskys but I believe they just had a 20% sale thru July. I saw 562XP listed for $570 & 562XPG for $630. That was shipped to your door.

I don’t have any Huskys but I believe they just had a 20% sale thru July. I saw 562XP listed for $570 & 562XPG for $630. That was shipped to your door.
Are they selling pro saws online now? I thought they were dealer only.

My 372XP was over 800 a few years back.

I set out to buy a Husky top handle saw 2 weeks ago. It was near 500.00. No way was a spending that so I went to my local saw shop. He could have sold me one but said he didn't want to as he didn't trust them anymore. Showed me one on his bench that has been a POS from the day it left his shop. it's electronic and been on his computer many times yet unable to find a problem.

Walked out with a Stihl MS 194 T for 359.00

Heat is the enemy of electronics, and chain saws get HOT. So unless the oem is very specific in component selection and very sharp on QC if made else ware , what the dealer is seeing is common.

Reactions: duramaxman05
I bought my 390XP nearly new but it had been straight gassed by someone. I paid $300 for it and paid to have a new genuine Husqvarna jug and piston put on it and have it ported so I have $750 into it with a 28" bar and chain combo. It’s a powerful saw but I don’t use it often. The 562XP is ported too and it’s OK but I don’t use it much either. My 543XP is also ported and I love the little light thing. I use a 16" bar and chain on it and it’s the saw I use most often. I haven’t had any problems with the Husqvarna’s but Stihl makes a excellent saw too and I’ve had a few but I sold them for what I paid for them for the Husq’s

Reactions: SpaceBus
I had a used 346xp ported, but it died on me so I'm hesitant to buy another used saw. I'd like to get my 395xp milling saw ported as well, but I couldn't afford to replace it right now if I blow it up too. That ported 543xp sounds like a riot. My ported 346xp was amazing for the two tanks of fuel I managed to run. With a 16" ultra light bar it cut circles around my 460 with 20" bar. This thread makes me really itch to get my 346 back to life, the 460 is too heavy for most of what I use it for.

There’s a guy a few hours from me in the U.P. Of Michigan that does saw work and he ports saws for a decent price, I think he charges around $150 now. My first two porting jobs I had done were done by a guy that goes by the moniker of Tree Monkey and he frequents The Arborists Sight and hes not too far from me either but he charges $350 for a port job now. Luckily he was cheaper when I had my first two saws ported by him at $200 each. Your 395XP would really snort if it was ported, they say it adds about 30% to a saws power.

Last edited:
There is a reason good porters charge what they do.They actually do work that they stand behind.
If you have an issue TreeMonkey or Mastermind or other big names will do everything to make it right,
There are lots of stories about new porters giving good deals for awhile then the stories of not so great work,followed ussally by "hey i have been waiting for my saw for Xweeks,is anyone else in the same boat? followed by the me too,and then there is a big story that gets told.

There is a reason good porters charge what they do.They actually do work that they stand behind.
If you have an issue TreeMonkey or Mastermind or other big names will do everything to make it right,
There are lots of stories about new porters giving good deals for awhile then the stories of not so great work,followed ussally by "hey i have been waiting for my saw for Xweeks,is anyone else in the same boat? followed by the me too,and then there is a big story that gets told.
No I know TreeMonkey does good work and is respected in the saw community but I just couldn’t afford to pay what he wants to port a saw any longer plus it didn’t make sense to me to spend more on the last porting job than I paid for the saw new. I’m talking about my 543XP. It’s probably the last saw I’ll get ported since I’m pretty much set up with the saws I will need now and I’m glad that I was able to have TM port my bigger saws. There’s one other guy or place that’s big on porting saws and that’s Wicked Work Saws. There might be more big ones now but I haven‘t kept up on it lately.

Wicked Work saws is on the list of ripoff artists now.
There are quite a few people wishing they had never heard of Terry Landrum...
Or Jason Stratton JWS saws and the list will continue to grow,because humans are despicable when there are no consequences to their actions.
One of the newest to not send a saw or money too is Iron Horse ,but after watching a few minutes of one of his videos it's really surprising that anyone would deal with him.

Reactions: JimBear
Huh, really? I wander where Landrum went wrong? Maybe I’ll get on the Arborists Site tonight and do some digging. I do see the BBB says they are out of business but so are a lot of other businesses nowadays.

Edit: Ok I’ve seen plenty on WWS, wrecked saws. Not their saws sent back to to customers and Terry not returning calls to them. Too bad, he had a known brand at one time.

Last edited: