Its here!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bapa323

Jan 21, 2022
Tower City Pa
So I finally got this beast from its old home in Annapolis MD to its new home here in Central Pa. It suffered a bit of damage enroute. The lever that controls the temp snapped off. Can anyone tell me if that is going to be a major project to get repaired? I plan on having my chimney sweep guy fix it if he can when he does the install in a few weeks.

FB_IMG_1661015841958.jpg 16612158236742565557971596169140.jpg

So I finally got this beast from its old home in Annapolis MD to its new home here in Central Pa. It suffered a bit of damage enroute. The lever that controls the temp snapped off. Can anyone tell me if that is going to be a major project to get repaired? I plan on having my chimney sweep guy fix it if he can when he does the install in a few weeks.

View attachment 298178 View attachment 298179
It's a Vermont castings. Fixing anything is a major project lol. Seriously though have never had to fix one on a newer model but the old ones were pretty simple

Yes, the newer ones like this Encore route the linkage internally so access is not easy like the old external thermostat with the chain link to the air damper below. The question is whether the rod that the handle attaches to snapped or not.