It's in !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ourhouse

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2006
Norfolk Ma
I picked up my new stove today. And with my luck it started raining the minute I left the house. A friend of mine came over and the two of us wrestled it down into the basement. After we got it down we both of us dicided we should have 2 more guys!! A 4300 steptop QUAD is very heavy!!! Now I just have to wait for my sweep to put up my chimney and I will be ready to go.

Wow, thats a hell of a feat. I think that stove is roughly 420lbs! Yea 4 guys (or strong gals) would have been a good idea. Be shure to post pics of the install.

It was a hell of a feat. We bilt a ramp to slide it down on. The kick in the but was the dam pallet it was bolted to wouldn't fit throuh the basement door. We lifted it out of my pick up and went up 2 steps to the bulked. thats when we saw it wasent going to fit . So back to the pick up we went. Unbolted the pallet and then down we went. Oh and by the way it was raining like hell on the 2nd trip. Moral of the story measure your 34" pallet that you'r 450lbs stove is bolted to make sure it will fit through you'r door. My door with was 30" wide. So after the 2nd trip it's in. A few beers later and a sore back we laughed about it.

At least the sox won ( good time to relax and enjoy a brew) That's quite a feat with two guys.

Last year Two plumbers were installing an oil burner they were running it down the bulkhead stairs when it got away from them ( cast iron big home = quite heavy) it took a huge chunck of concrete out of the pre cast stairs and destroyed the cellar door and casing. These idiots then installed the damaged boiler. To make matters worse, if they had driven around the other side of the home. there was a walkout slider, they could have two wheeled it in. Then they denied the boiler was damaged. I guess all boilers arrive severly dented. I made them replace the boiler. Imagine they were perfectly happy installing damaged goods. They argued with me about it, even threatened me

earthharvester said:
I picked up my new stove today... A 4300 steptop QUAD is very heavy!!!

Hi earthharvester,

I will be very interested in how you like your stove when you fire it up in the fall! I have the same stove in my sights to purchase for the coming season.

Please keep us posted! And Congratulations!

Thanks,
papabear

Status
Not open for further replies.