It's too hot!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:
I think I am done burning for this year. I have about 3 or 4 cords ready for next year, and will be able to start process again finally next week. Se the Doc tomorrow and am looking for the ok to get to the heavy stuff again.
I am going to go tonight without a fire and see what it is like in the morning. I am guessing in the 65 to 66 area, which is fine for me.
I do have about a weeks worth left in the manger, I do NOT feel like loading it again.
Its time put the Summit to rest.

Take a break Hog. It has been a hell of an eventful season for ya.

How does that saying go? No rest for the wicked?
Although, everyone knows I am not wicked. ;-)

I have wood to process before it gets too warm & the nats and insects are out and make it unbearable to cut & split.
I have the addition to finish. About 45 sf of stone to finish , then floor, a small amount of electrical, all the trim works, doors etc etc.
And now just found out my central vac still works. So now I have to run a trunk line for that to the addition, AFTER I already put the walls up.
I'll have to devise a plan to run it from the basement of the main house to the attic of the addition, then down one of the walls I have set up for access to the inside, thank gawd.
I want this addition done inside by this summer. And yet to install the 30 in the office.
I see no rest in sight. Maybe in a few more years.
But it keeps my mind occupied and me out of trouble.
Since everyone is out now. A Virginia run may be possible this summer.

Doing the same as most of you, one or two fires a day. Can't stand the thought of our electric furnace kicking on. I think it's only come on three or four times since late September.

Loading once a day here as well. Really loving the stove in this weather. Nice not to be boiled out of the room.

Laughing my a$$ off right now! Everyone, welcome to my winter. Now you know why a run an F3 (because anything bigger would be too much).

Ironically, we've been burning again 24/7 since I first posted this thread. Looks like we will be for the next couple days. Guess this really is our winter.

BeGreen said:
Ironically, we've been burning again 24/7 since I first posted this thread. Looks like we will be for the next couple days. Guess this really is our winter.

Welcome to one of our cool summers. :lol: This is why the BK fits the bill for us. Hope your daffodil's don't freeze on ya.

yep. I wasn't burning at all for a while, but now I'm burning all day again. Won't last long though. Pretty much getting ready to move the last of the pile, clean the chimney, and start collecting the remainder of next year. Everything's blooming.

Yesterday was the start of the end as 24/7 burning stopped. Starting the fire on it last night was only the 2nd match I've used since the first week of November.

pen

Funny what you can adapt to. I cleaned up the Homestead to make ready for the new stove. Things didn't work out, and I didn't want to mess up the Homestead again, so we've been riding out the days and nights with no stove. Last night my wife got chilly and turned on the baseboard. I hate to tell you the temp in here, but with a sweat shirt on you actually get used to it. Feels warm in here after working outside all day. We sleep with the window open in the bedroom, so it's always cool in there anyway. But, I'll have to crank up the Homestead at some point when it deeps into the 30s at night. It's rainy, too. Cold and damp. But it's interesting what the human body can adapt and acclimate to.

Status
Not open for further replies.