Jay will like this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HittinSteel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
Northeastern Ohio
Neat little saw, feels like a feather but has some serious snot.

Attachments

• 100711201306 (768x1024).jpg
    100711201306 (768x1024).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 425
HittinSteel said:

Sounds like it needs a tissue!

:lol:

Ray

Nice, where'd you find that HS?

HittinSteel said:

One of the The Unsung Hero's!!!!!!!!!!! :cheese:

That's my next purchase when my 30 yr old Echo 280E finally dies.

Thistle said:

Top handle? Not good with the echos. Seen alot of the home light xl top handles wonder if there any good too?

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Top handle? Not good with the echos. Seen alot of the home light xl top handles wonder if there any good too?

Yup its a top handle.Dont know anything about the little Homelites,but that wee Echo is a tough little sucker.Just under 8 pounds,been dropped a few times,once from almost 25 feet & started right up.Bad thing its only about 8000 RPM,takes a while to cut most anything over 5" - 6". Pretty sure all the newer ones are at least 125000,no matter the brand.Mine has no chain brake or hand guard either,its one of the earlier models.

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Yup its a top handle.Dont know anything about the little Homelites,but that wee Echo is a tough little sucker.Just under 8 pounds,been dropped a few times,once from almost 25 feet & started right up.Bad thing its only about 8000 RPM,takes a while to cut most anything over 5" - 6". Pretty sure all the newer ones are at least 125000,no matter the brand.Mine has no chain brake or hand guard either,its one of the earlier models.

I love the top handle saw used with a 70cc+ saw and your golden for just about anything. If anyone know about the homelites xl speak up they are cheap enough?

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

I love the top handle saw used with a 70cc+ saw and your golden for just about anything. If anyone know about the homelites xl speak up they are cheap enough?

Problem is, once the xl-12 sold in big numbers, Homelite started using "xl" on the model name of just about everthing, like from 1.6-5 cu. in.
If you're talking the little 1.6 cu. in. saws, the ones I've seen and tried are jokes. No power, max 10" bar, fixed carb main jet. Easily stuffed into backpack.

OP: unless your saw has a hard-nose bar, adjust chain tension or expect nasty surprises.

CTYank said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Problem is, once the xl-12 sold in big numbers, Homelite started using "xl" on the model name of just about everthing, like from 1.6-5 cu. in.
If you're talking the little 1.6 cu. in. saws, the ones I've seen and tried are jokes. No power, max 10" bar, fixed carb main jet. Easily stuffed into backpack.

OP: unless your saw has a hard-nose bar, adjust chain tension or expect nasty surprises.

OP got a top notch saw..... ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.