Jonsered 2255

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

runningmike

Hearth Supporter
Aug 12, 2008
Adirondacks
Anybody running a Jonsered 2255? Whaddya think? It has been suggested to me as an alternative to a Stihl 361... FWIW, my local saw/logging supply shop no longer peddles Stihl. He does do Dolmar (sp?) and Jonsered.

I have a 2152 that gets used for limbing and small stuff. While it certainly is capable of processing logs and has performed flawlessly, I think it is a bit small for cutting any kind of quantity of firewood. A 70cc class saw seems to be about right for the majority of the wood we have access to.

AdkMike said:
Anybody running a Jonsered 2255? Whaddya think?

Read reviews of the Husqvarna 455. There are a lot more 455s out there than 2255s. Ignore any comments about the color and handlebar angle. I believe those are the only two differences between the 455 and 2255. :)

Ohh and I believe the Stihl 361 falls between the Husky 359 / Jred 2159 and the Husky 365 / Jred 2165 saws. And if I was leaning towards the 2165, I'd just go for the Husky 372 / Jred 2171 which is the same frame with a bigger cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.