jotul 550 blower chirp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyblades

Dec 16, 2012
i first got the chirp then the scream so i pulled it out unable to take apart . so i ripped it open anyway . no bearings to lube there are these silicone cups the motor ends sit in and there's no lube they sit in there dry there was some tiny gunk in the cup but now its moot to clean out i guess the heat down there burns any oil making it worse if you try the lube option ?? so i had to get new motor $200+ dollars

so motor came try to put it in no go the old motor had rivets on the little heat sheilds above the motor
new motor has these black hex head screws making it just a bit taller and it catches the cast on the stove .

so either you pull the stove surround off or i just ground down the screws heads to almost nil and she slipped right in all this just fix squeak from unservicable item

Status
Not open for further replies.