Jotul 602CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mikey

Burning Hunk
Dec 4, 2013
rhode island
Just got a new Jotul 602cb to replace my f100 should I have gone for the 602 eco it didn’t look like you could fit much wood in it seems like the technology is over the top, has anyone tried the eco.

Technically the F602CB is not legal to sell since May 2020. It's a good little stove. It's not very high-tech, just a simple secondary rack for cleaner combustion. We have the old F602 and it is not a very clean burner. By eco, do you mean the F602 v 2?

Technically the F602CB is not legal to sell since May 2020. It's a good little stove. It's not very high-tech, just a simple secondary rack for cleaner combustion. We have the old F602 and it is not a very clean burner. By eco, do you mean the F602 v 2?
Thanks, my 602 cb must be a leftover. I’m replacing my 10 year old Jotul f100 never really liked it, loading an east west stove that small the logs often rolled onto the glass And with our tall chimney it could be hard to control on windy days. It seems they also discontinued the f100 .

Looks like the 602 eco is offered in Europe. I didn’t compare it to the V2 to see if it is different.

The 2020 EPA compliant V2 has the turbulator fins and extra secondary holes in baffle that the CB doesn’t. The Eco has a different door and air supply lever and not available in N America. It’s a nice little stove, I’m hanging on to my CB to install in my future guest cabin.

I’m not sure about v2 but the one I saw in a cut away had so much stuff inside there is not much space for wood.

It's not a big stove for sure.

The 2020 EPA compliant V2 has the turbulator fins and extra secondary holes in baffle that the CB doesn’t. The Eco has a different door and air supply lever and not available in N America. It’s a nice little stove, I’m hanging on to my CB to install in my future guest cabin.
I think that I figured out the 602 line up, first that wonderful early 602n, then they went to the 602 cb nice but would not pass 2020 standards, they then went to the 602 v2 that would pass. It now seems that they want to go a bit farther, go to youtube and look up 602 eco you will find a clip about that new stove it’t not in English but you can see the cutaway showing the insides and how it will work, I’m sure it will be clean burning but it won’t hold much wood. Does anyone know if this a new European standard.

Reactions: Todd
The ecodesign standard was developed by the EU and allows wood stoves to emit 375g of PM2.5 for every gigajoule (GJ) of energy produced. I think this went into effect this year. England and the Nordic countries may set their own higher standards. For example, Nordic Swan, the official ecolabel of Nordic countries, allows wood stoves to emit 150g per GJ.

I just went through the manual for the 602 ECO and it doesn't seem like the capacity is greatly reduced from earlier versions. This stove will never have large capacity. In some ways it looks like there is more front height than previous versions including our old F602B. I haven't been inside the 602CB v2 in which they made several improvements to the secondary system so you may be correct when comparing the ECO capacity to the latest US version.
I like the changes in the ECO to the secondary system. It looks much more robust than the original 602CB. The air control also looks nicely improved. It would be fun to run the new 602 eco for a bit. Hope they make it over here, but we have different testing standards so it may never see our shores.

Reactions: Todd