Jotul C450 Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

airasah

Jan 21, 2009
Glastonbury, CT
My stove did not come with the blower since it was installed in 2005. I am thinking of buying it!
Does the blower make a big difference as far as increasing the amount of heat that is distributed in front of the stove? As opposed to going straight up to the ceiling.

Thanks

The C450 is an insert. If your insert is installed inside of a fireplace then only the front of the unit is exposed. Maybe just a small portion of the sides might be sticking out past the fireplace opening. You would see a huge difference in heating if you have a blower installed and running. I couldn't imagine using our insert with out the blower. A block off plate is a must also.

The blower is a must if you want to maximize the heat output from that stove even though you do get some convective airflow through them. As for getting the heat away from the ceiling, you will probably need to run a ceiling fan or a room fan to move air. The heat is going to rise no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.