Jotul Comibfire # 6, disassembly and moving

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toady

Hearth Supporter
Jun 24, 2010
North Central
Apologies if this has been covered in the forum somewhere or is posted in the wrong section, I did search around a bit, but am new to hearth.com and may very well have missed it.

I own a Jotul Combifire #6
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Jotul_Stoves_-_Identify_Older_Models

I need to move it from my basement. It's quite heavy, and the passage out is tight. I am considering at least partial disassembly of the stove to accomplish this. Seems like there are easily identifiable fasteners and by keeping a good record of my efforts with a digital camera, I should be able to reassemble it after the move.

Has anyone done this? What risks to the stove are there in this approach?

Thanks for the feedback.

Just don't be bashful with the furnace cement when you put it back together. Glop the hell out of it and use a wet rag to wipe the excess off of the outside of the joints after it is back together. If you don't you will have air leaks.

That old it is due a rebuild anyway.

BrotherBart said:
Just don't be bashful with the furnace cement when you put it back together. Glop the hell out of it and use a wet rag to wipe the excess off of the outside of the joints after it is back together....

Thanks!

Do any of you know what type of material the soft stuff beneath the floor of the Jotul Combifire 6 is?

Thanks.

TD

ZLxxq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.