Jotul F 100 Baffle Removal??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OTRGal

Hearth Supporter
Nov 13, 2009
USA
The features of the Jotul F 100 tout "easy-to-remove baffle for chimney cleaning," but I cannot for the life of me remove the thing! Does anyone have suggestions/directions/advice for how to get the baffle out of my Jotul F 100?
Thanks!

Lift up on the left side of the baffle, slide the baffle to the left dropping the right side down into the firebox and take'er out. Reverse to reinstall. Be sure it is seated right when you put it back. I put mine back in wrong one time and came down the next morning to a pile of charcoal with a baffle flat on top of it. :red:

BrotherBart said:
Lift up on the left side of the baffle, slide the baffle to the left dropping the right side down into the firebox and take'er out. Reverse to reinstall. Be sure it is seated right when you put it back. I put mine back in wrong one time and came down the next morning to a pile of charcoal with a baffle flat on top of it. :red:

admit it, you were jsut making charcoal for your file-cabinet smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.