Jotul F 602 experiences?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macu

Dec 14, 2013
USA
Hi all,

I have a fireplace, and don't want an insert, but do want wood heat. It will be used regularly during the winter.

The house it is heating is only 1100 sq ft, and the area I want heated is about 500 square feet (living room/kitchen). The house is not laid out very well for a central heating location. I guess in a power outage we could camp out in the living room.

I have a fireplace with a nice brick hearth that I want to put the stove in, but still have most of it exposed, unlike an insert. I don't want to have to rely on electricity for a blower.

The Jotul F 602 looks small enough to fit in the low clearance of the fireplace, and I think I could also swap out the legs with another stove, as the 602 looks to have 10 inch legs.

Anyone have experience with this model?

The 602 can also be rear vented. Not sure if you knew that, this will reduce the height needed considerably.
It's one tiny stove, I found it very frustrating to fit wood into. Your wood has to to be toothpick size if you want to put more than 2 pieces and it has to be cut shorter than standard wood, so that makes purchasing firewood very difficult.

It's a good little stove.

I have been running one for about 4 years. It's a hot burner, and I find the chimney on the 602 always cleaner then the quad in the other room.

As was said, it doesn't take a whole lot of wood. And, burn times are right around 4 hours.

It's in the family room and we only burn it when we're in there. The nice part, because of its small size it heats up quick.

It's a nice on demand heat source, but not good for 24/7 burning

Status
Not open for further replies.